Curriculum Vitae of Mr. Qazi M. Khalilullah
Additional Secretary (Middle East & Africa)
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad
1. Born in Pakistan on 15 June 1958.
2. Joined Foreign Service of Pakistan in October 1985.
3. Educational Qualifications: Masters in International Public Policy from the Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS), Johns Hopkins University, USA.
i. Pakistan Missions Abroad
- Moscow, Russia: 3rd Secretary from July 1988 to June1993
- Ashgabat, Turkmenistan: 2nd Secretary from June 1993 to September 1996
- Kyiv, Ukraine: 1st Secretary from May 1999 to May 2002
- Geneva, Switzerland: Counsellor/DHM from May 2002 to July 2005
- Yangon, Myanmar: Ambassador to Myanmar, 2008 to April 2012
- Havana, Cuba: Ambassador to Cuba, May 2012 to August 2014
ii. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad
- Assistant Director Europe (1987-1988)
- Director Europe (1996-1997)
- Director UN (July 2005-February 2006)
- Director General Disarmament (February 2006-June 2008)
- Director General Middle East (September 2014-February 2015)
- Additional Secretary Middle East & Africa (since end February 2015)
5. Marital Status: Married. Has a son.