• Outreach to industry and other relevant stakeholders is important to enhance awareness on strategic export controls, share information and promote compliance. As part of its outreach and awareness raising effort, SECDIV has chalked out a comprehensive plan for the year 2014. The plan envisages seminars and meetings with enforcement officials, exporters' associations, chambers of commerce and industries, and interaction with academia/research institutes, in all major/industrial cities of Pakistan. Besides, basic Commodity Identification Training (CIT) is also planned at selected locations.
• SECDIV Outreach and Capacity Building Plan-2014 was implemented in letter and spirit. SECDIV officials visited major cities/industrial hubs across Pakistan and held discussions and talks to engage potential stakeholders. Research and academic institutes were also sensitized on the importance of self-regulation and internal compliance.
• Commodity Identification Training (CIT), carefully tailored to the needs of enforcement agencies was conducted at various Customs Collectorates. The programme was widely acclaimed.
• Learning from the experience gained in 2014, the Outreach Plan for 2015 expands on the previous activities.
• A Basic Commodity Identification Training was conducted at ECO Postal Staff College Islamabad on 16-17 June 2015.